By Jordan Walsh, CEO and Co-founder of Delegate ConnectAs I sit down to write this, I can’t believe that 2021 is nearly finished. It seems like only yesterday that there were 9 of us in our office planning what we were going to do for the year.
Fast forward to December 2021, and I am so incredibly proud of what we have accomplished this year. We have surpassed all expectations and have continued to deliver amazing virtual and hybrid events globally on our Platform.
2021 really has been an incredible year for Delegate Connect. We have truly cemented ourselves as a Platform of choice, as well as an employer of choice.
As a snapshot, some of the cool things we have accomplished this year include:
- Grew the team from 9 to 75;
- Opened our London office and built our UK team;
- Raised $10M in one of Australia’s biggest seed funding rounds;
- Welcomed AirTree, Skip Capital and TEN13 to the business;
- Had over 115,000 paying delegates attend conferences on our Platform;
- Worked with over 200 amazing clients from around the world to deliver events ranging from webinars, all the way through to running 50 concurrent live streams, all professionally broadcast from our control centre;
- Built and launched the world’s first Virtual and Hybrid Event Control Centre;
- Expanded our Australian office (3x the size and refitted) to enable flexible working;
- Moved to a fully flexible working environment, where our staff can work from wherever in the world they want to;
- Built full accessibility functionality in the Platform, including screen reader compatibility, AI and CART captioning capability, multilingual (with the whole platform translating to any language you want) and much more; and
- Launched a large number of features, including ePosters, Group networking, CPD and certification tracking and Event Analytics, to name a few.
The thing we are most proud of is that we got to help so many clients successfully run a seamless event, and for many of whom we worked closely with on their first-ever virtual or hybrid event.
We are also now seeing our clients use our Platform for so much more than their events too – they are using it for their webinars, town halls, sales kickoffs, CPD seminars and employee induction portals.
When clients want to use your product for more than what they initially intended to use it for – that is such an amazing feeling and testament to the product we have built and the clients we work with.
We are on a mission is to empower connection and engagement, without limits.
Throughout all of this, our mission continues to run deep throughout all areas of our business.
We have recently revamped our mission to reflect what we do and what gets us out of bed every day. Our mission used to be ‘To enable the future of events’. We are still doing this every day, however, we do much more than enable the future of events now.
Our new mission is:
‘to empower connection and engagement, without limits.’
This mission reflects our connection to the events industry and shapes our product, defines our culture and informs each business decision. We believe that events should enhance the connection and engagement of all stakeholders, and they should always be without limits.
We have worked with so many incredible organisations around the world, and we love partnering with our amazing clients. Some of the events and organisations we had the privilege to work with included The Edinburgh TV Festival (the largest industry event in the UK), the Australian Sonographers Association, the World Library and Information Congress, and many more.
We've got big plans for 2022
The best part about all of the above is that we are just getting started. We have doubled our team size in the last 10 weeks, and we are seeing such incredible growth of all areas of the business because we have brought in the best of the best.
In the first quarter of 2022, we will be rolling out a series of exciting product features that will reshape how events are delivered to audiences around the world including;
a new innovative native mobile app with built-in hybrid functionality;
Major backend redesign of our Platform that allows for seamless accessibility; design, and user experience; and
major expansion of our features for the US market.
In March 2020, there were 3 of us; in January 2021, there were 9; in December 2021, there are 75, and in March 2022, there will be 100 of us. We have taken Delegate Connect, our Melbourne-based tech start-up, to the world in under 2 years, and I couldn’t be prouder to be leading this amazing team into the future.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way, whether you have attended a conference, built a conference, worked with us, joined our team or just engaged with our content – thank you!
Here’s to 2022 and beyond!