Melbourne Australia - Full Time
Head of Sales
About this position
Head of Sales
Delegate Connect is a vibrant, dynamic, and progressive company looking for their next passionate recruit to join our team. We’re a Melbourne based tech company rapidly expanding. We provide an end-to-end service for delivering virtual and hybrid conferences globally and we are on a mission to be the world's best event technology company, that’s where you come in!
We are a provider that understands our clients' events, and are committed to delivering a high level of customer service that supports our clients at every step of the process.
About the Role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded Head of Sales to drive the growth of Delegate Connect as we look to expand our Sales revenue across multiple regions. The person we have in mind for this crucial role will be a confident and resourceful leader, with a wealth of experience in building teams from scale-up through to sizeable, humming teams of high-performing Sales professionals.
Reporting into the CEO & Co-founder, you will be taking on a truly unique opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of Delegate Connect. Day to day, you will be:
- Owning all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Building the sales function from early stages through to fully functioning, robust teams
- Generating, retaining, and expanding sales revenue across all markets and regions that Delegate Connect operates in
- Driving the company into the next growth phase by implementing robust business development processes
- In consultation with senior leadership, driving new business development and achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Providing strategic support to ensure Delegate Connect is meeting our strategic objectives
- Establishing, improving, and implementing the sales process to maximize conversion rates and team efficiency
- Establishing the outbound and inbound lead requirements needed to meet sales objectives
- Providing full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
- Establishing and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally
A naturally strong leader, you will provide guidance, expertise, and management to ensure procedures, systems and training all translate to client service excellence. We are looking for someone to develop and nurture a culture of collaboration, high performance, and sales excellence within the team. In addition, you’ll need some key skills and prior experience to succeed in the role:
- 10+ years' experience in Business Development / Sales
- Currently be in a Head of Sales / CRO role
- Experience selling into Enterprise clients at C level
- Experience selling into CEO, COO, CFO level
- Demonstrated skill in business development in either digital, SaaS technologies or products/services in the tech and or events sector
- Significant experience building and leading teams, ideally across multiple countries
- Ability to demonstrate superior communication and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated experience with commercial negotiations and closing deals
- Proven track record of being a trusted and strong leader with the capacity to manage complex deals
- Entrepreneurial minded and demonstrated commercial acumen.
- Proven forecasting and resource planning experience
- Self-driven and solutions oriented
- Proven ability to work under multiple, competing priorities and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate complex issues and drive smart decision making
- Customer focused, with a proactive and solutions-focused mindset
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in managing teams across multiple countries and time zones
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Marketing, or relevant field preferred but not essential
- You’ll be trusted to own your role and considered an absolute expert in your field
- Work for an organisation that understands what true flexibility means
- Enjoy a vibrant culture and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same
Ready to Apply?
If you’re looking for your next challenge and are ready to grow as a professional, Delegate Connect has you covered. Our company was founded in 2019 and already we have grown to be a global leader in events, providing end-to-end solutions for our clients. We look forward to receiving your application!