An exciting and unique opportunity exists to join a rapidly growing scale-up as the Head of Engineering to step in and lead the engineering team.
An exciting and unique opportunity exists to join a rapidly growing scale-up as the Head of Engineering to step in and lead the engineering team. As the key technical leader, reporting to the CTO, you will be accountable for providing technical support and guidance from project inception through to delivery and internal stakeholder management.
This role requires expertise in building out mission-critical systems at scale that can evolve quickly with our rapidly growing business. Additionally, we are looking for leaders with a proven record of building world-class engineering teams that focus on scalability, flexibility, and most importantly engineering culture.
• Build and lead multiple engineering and infrastructure teams with full autonomy
• Be a champion for your reports
• Mentor and develop engineering talent, including managers/team leads ensuring that all reports have appropriate mentorship
• Implement processes and/or structures for career progression
• Identify and hire to address the technical gaps within teams and ensure that we are building diverse teams.
• Define and lead the technical roadmap for our products
• Work closely with our designers and product managers in an agile, fast-paced environment to ensure that your teams all have roadmaps that are appropriately estimated, viable and coherent
• Ensure our platform and infrastructure is scalable, reliable and extensible for both internal and external users
• Promote the sharing of technical decisions and knowledge
• Experience with fast-growth tech companies and growing engineering teams during the "scale up" phase, leading multiple teams
• Skilled at working to build alignment, drive decision making, and communicate transparently
• Execution mindset and the ability to deliver with teams that are globally distributed
• Technical experience at all levels of the stack including event-driven and distributed architecture experience
• A polyglot with technical languages and constantly improving skillset
• Experience architecting and executing large-scale, performant systems that are critical to the business
• Exceptional people skills and experience leading multiple teams, as well as managing tech leads.
• Strong communication skills, both in one-to-one situations as well as groups in a variety of mediums
• A remarkable eye for talent, and a solid track record of developing great leaders
• History of delivering quality results
If you have any immediate inquiries or to express your general interest, please call Jane Devereux on 0418497032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org